It’s hard to imagine a world without email comfort — which can explain why millions of us turned to Yahoo Mail and other free Web-based email services for quick communications.
Among all other web services, Yahoo is one of the most popular free email services. Both Outlook and Yahoo are millions of people’s most popular email clients. Not only that, The Yahoo app helps online marketing companies to send targeted emails for email marketing. Yahoo is an email client based on the web, while the Outlook is both an email client based on the web and a desktop client. Users using a desktop-based version of Outlook have all their data stored on their system. Because of this, Outlook data can only be accessed from a single system, making it possible to import the PST file into Yahoo mail.
First, we need to see Yahoo’s benefits to enable users to migrate easily to the yahoo mail.
Benefits of Yahoo Mail
- Compared to Outlook, Yahoo mail is completely free and easily Because you need to purchase Microsoft Office Suite for Outlook.
- You have the opportunity to explore free social networking sites such as Flickr and Tumblr.
- Norton Antivirus is available to protect your data against any virus attack. So, there’s no need to worry about a loss of data or corruption.
- Yahoo has a lot of space like 1 TB, so you don’t have to delete emails that you can easily store a lot of emails.
- Yahoo is entirely web-based and all emails are stored in the cloud. Pst requires more space on your system that further affects your hard drive. So, you will automatically save your hard drive space in Yahoo’s emails or the pst you import to Yahoo in the cloud.
Now it’s time to see how we can import pst to Yahoo mails after knowing all the benefits of Yahoo mail. Below are several methods that will provide you with the best solution.
If you want to import the PST file to Yahoo, you must follow both the manual and an alternative method. Users need to set up a Yahoo account to Outlook manually. Just follow one by one of the steps below:
- Open Outlook and then click on the File tab.
- Do click on the Add Account button.
- After this, select the radio button for the Manual step.
- Then choose POP/IMAP–>Next on Choose Service page.
- Then, include your server information and Add your Yahoo credential.
- Enter your login details.
- Click on the More Settings button on the same page.
- Choose the Outgoing Server tab on the next page.
- Check (SMTP) server that requires an authentication option and then selects the radio button of Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Choose the Advanced tab and then check these settings as shown below:
Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465
Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
- Then click Finish >> Next when all is finished.
- If all goes well then the setup will be effectively completed. Then press Next to close the window.
- When the setup is complete, a message will appear on the screen. Then, to import PST to Yahoo Mail, click Finish.
- After the setup phase, you will see an Outlook displaying Yahoo messages.
- Choose the folder of the PST file you want to import. Drag and drop it to the folder of Yahoo.
- Then open the folder where you put the PST file by using your account information. You’ll see all the messages from Outlook in that folder.
You can use another alternative technique that rapidly leads to the highest results. An alternative technique is PST Exporterto save files in Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, IMAP, Thunderbird, Zimbra, ICS & vCard with all their information. It also enables users to save converted Outlook PST files in various formats such as EMLX, EML, MSG, HTML, MHTML, TXT, PDF, etc. If consumers in their lives are too busy and do not have so much time to manually import PST to Yahoo mail then this alternative technique is the best one for them.
The significance of Yahoo mail has already been discussed and the process of importing PST in Yahoo. I discovered as a user about both the techniques i.e. manual and automated methods, the automated method was much easier and quicker. Before I did manual export, I first had to connect my Yahoo mail to Outlook, only then could I continue to do so.