You are probably already marketing your brand across various social media channels, but are you investing in social media ads? If you are not, the following statistics are bound to make you think otherwise.
1. 250 million active social media users in India in 2018 and the number is expected to go up to 27 million by 2019
Need more assurances to right away invest in social media ads? Well, here’s more.
According to eMarketer, there is a digital agency called Regalix that had conducted a survey on smartphone users in India in November 2016. The agency’s survey revealed the following:
1. 86% of the total respondents answered in the affirmative when asked if they click on social media ads, and among them, 42% said that they did so quite often
2. People between the ages of 25 and 34 years clicked on social media ads more often than people between the ages of 18 and 24 years
So, buying space on Facebook and the other popular social media platforms sounds smart. Doesn’t it?
Now, it is a known fact the various social networks offer myriad advertising options. But, there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution when it comes to social media ads. When thinking of using social networks, you need to look at the ones that are performing very well organically. The obvious choice for running social ad campaigns are the platforms where content will strike naturally grab the attention of your target audience. When deciding where to place your ads, it is also crucial to know which platforms are popular among which types of users. For instance:
- Pinterest has more female users than male
- Snapchat has penetrated massively in the younger audience segments
- YouTube and Facebook are used the most by users aged between 18 and 29
For more such statistics, you can click here.
The popular social media networking sites where you can run social media ads are:
By advertising on social media channels you will gain the following benefits:
- Trust of your potential customers
- Quick ROI as it is much easier to connect and engage with users on social media networks
- Consistent sales will come from the first day as so many people are constantly active across social media networks
- You can run much more targeted ads in terms of demographics, geography and so on
- Two-way conversation; therefore, you get to know the flaws in your products or services and get the opportunity to improve it without having to invest further in carrying out consumer surveys
Do you need tips to get started? Here they are:
- Know the goal that you wish to achieve
- Get to know your target audience
- Allow your organic posts to inform your audience about the ads
- Pay for engagements and impressions
- Design your ads with the mobile users in mind
- Test your ads and make sure to optimize their performances
- Remember to measure the results
What do you think about social media ads? Should businesses increases their social media ads spend? What is your experience? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.