Did you know that your child can start exhibiting antisocial behavior as early as 5 weeks old? Well, you know now! Also, your child being a psychopath or sociopath is actually more common than what you might think.
Yes, I understand that it is scary to think that your child might be a sociopath, but if you can detect the signs early on, there might still be hope.
So, without wasting any more time, take a look at the warning signs that you must not ignore at any cost…
1. If your child is prone to setting fires – small or big.
2. If your child starts to harm animals, urinate over furniture, punch holes in walls (a lot of parents think that these actions are done by their kids as a joke or to in the group of the cool kids, but in reality they are actually highlighting psychopathic traits).
3. If your child continuously disobeys you or breaks curfew even after knowing what the consequences might be.
4. If your child simply does not care about what is happening in school and is consistently failing in all his or her subjects.
5. If your child shows persistent disregard towards everybody, especially siblings and parents.
6. If they are always blaming others for their mistakes and never take any responsibility for anything, even when they are caught.
7. If they attempt to and even successfully carry out reckless activities without any fear of what is going to happen next or if they are always planning to do something dangerous.
8. Even if you threaten to punish them, they seem unfazed by it all, then you might think of taking them to a psychologist who will help you understand their psyche.
9. If your child is extremely motivated by any prospect of reward and does not even care if he or she has to hurt someone to get it, you know that your child is heading towards being a sociopath.
10. Last, but not the least, if your child continues not to feel guilty no matter what he or she has done.
These ten above-mentioned signs are definitely not the end and there are also certain dormant signs that actually might not be so evident. The signs may get cultivated over the years and reach to dangerous levels. But, in general, if you find that your child likes to stay all by himself or herself, does not make any friend or allow anybody to become his/her, does not like to discuss anything and things like that, you must take him or her to a child psychologist.
A mental health professional will be able to help your child cope with his or her psychopathic behaviors. The earlier you refer a psychologist, a better because a child’s mind is the most impressionable during the early years.
So, how many signs can you see in your child? Do not miss the warning sign! If you have any experience in dealing with children exhibiting sociopathic traits, feel free to share your opinion in the comments below.
A content writer by profession, dog lover at heart, a passion for photography and a foodie. When I am not thinking about food or cuddling a puppy, I dream of traversing the highs and lows that this world has to offer. Other times, I am simply penning down my thoughts to know that at least the mind wanders, even if the feet doesn’t.